What is conversion optimization?
Conversion optimization, also known as conversion rate optimization (CRO), is a process for increasing the percentage of visitors to your website who take a desired action.
That action, or conversion, can include downloading a free report, signing up for an email newsletter, creating an account, making a purchase – the choice is yours.
Conversion optimization usually involves copywriting, website design, and improving the user experience on your site.
And CRO is vital to your business.
Because, if you don’t know which parts of your online marketing are working, you don’t know where to allocate your money. You’re flying blind.
To illustrate, here are …
5 Surprising Statistics About Conversion Optimization
1. Companies typically spend $92 to bring a customer to their website, but only $1 to convert them. What a waste! (source: Eisenberg Holdings)
2. Only about 22% of businesses are satisfied with their website conversion rates (source: Econsultancy)
3. Only 52% of businesses that use landing pages to generate revenue actually test them to improve conversions (source: MarketingSherpa)
4. Searches on Google for “conversion rate optimization” have tripled in the last 5 years (source: Google Trends)
5. The average ROI on conversion optimization tools is a whopping 223% (source: Venture Beat)
Bottom line: Done right, conversion optimization lets you pyramid your successes and grow your business exponentially. There’s really no limit.
How Does Conversion Optimization Work?
Best practices for conversion optimization include improving the user experience on your website, website design, and copywriting.
Example: If you want to improve the user experience on your website, here’s an easy fix — get rid of those automatic image sliders, or carousels. They may look nice, like this:
… but they can kill your conversions.
Because carousels distract and confuse website visitors. Our research has found that less than 0.7% of website visitors will click on a carousel link. Plus, they can hurt your SEO by slowing down the load time for your website.
Here’s another example: streamline your website to remove “friction.”
One of our team increased sales 43% for a client, by removing a banner ad from the client’s website, to make the message simpler.
Two versions of the web page were split-tested: One version with the banner ad and one version without. The results speak for themselves. Take a look at a screenshot of the testing data …
As you can see, the version with no banner ad got 43% more sales from virtually the same number of website visitors.
Without conversion optimization, those extra sales would have never happened. And when you do the math, that $8,891 extra per week from sending all traffic to the optimized web page delivers an extra $462,363 per year. From the same website traffic.
Final example: copywriting.
A member of our team increased sales 139% for a client by rewriting the copy on his website.
Previously, the client took a positive approach and focused on the benefits of his product. He thought that promising a desirable outcome to buyers would be enough. But it wasn’t. Sales stagnated.
So our copywriter took a negative approach. He focused on the bad things that can happen if you don’t own the product. Turns out there’s a lot of emotional pain involved.
What happened next? Take a look …
Sales for the client exploded, from $19,260 in May to $46,160 in July – a gain of 139%.
That’s the power of conversion optimization. There’s no guesswork or focus groups involved. It’s all driven by the only people who matter – the visitors to your website.
What We Do
We can deliver a predictable ROI by giving you more new leads and customers from the same web traffic you have now. Our conversion optimization services include:
• Website design and copywriting. By streamlining the user experience and improving your sales message, we help your website reach its full potential as a revenue generator.
• A/B split testing. We send 50% of your web traffic to Version A of a web page and 50% to Version B, which has a different headline, image, call to action, etc. After a sufficient sample size, we analyze the results. Which version converted better? We keep that one and test it against another. And another. You never stop improving.
• Multivariate testing. Instead of changing just one element as in A/B split-testing, we change and test many elements at once. This is more complex, but it delivers more data faster. And it can boost your conversions faster.
• Strategic analysis. Your Google Analytics account offers a goldmine of data. But you have to know where to look and what to do with it. As Google Certified partners, we know exactly how to extract the information to optimize your conversions.
JOIN CLIENTS WHO ENJOY 96% SATISFACTION
In the last 12 months, we’ve generated over $300 million worth of leads for our clients. From attorneys to software developers … locksmiths to photographers … consultants to retailers … we work with billion-dollar Fortune 500 corporations down to small, entrepreneurial companies.
Maybe that’s why less than 4% of our clients have ever moved on. That’s the highest retention rate of any digital marketing agency we know of.
How do we do it?
It’s simple. Our methods are systematic and scalable. You are limited only by your ability to handle all the new leads and customers we generate for you.